St. Francis-Brooklyn travels to Champaign Monday for the first-ever meeting between the two schools.
The Terriers were 15-15 last season and began this season with a win at Lafayette Friday.
Brent Jones - G, Soph., 5-10, 170-pounds, (2011 totals) 7.4 points per game, 3.9 assists.
Ben Mockford - G, Jr., 6-2, 175, 11.6 points, 1.8 rebounds.
Kevin Douglas - F, Soph., 6-5, 210, 2.9 points, 2.2 rebounds.
Jalen Cannon - F, Soph., 6-6, 230, eight points, 8.8 rebounds.
Akeem Johnson - F, Sr., 6-6, 200, 11.6 points, 5.2 rebounds.
Dre Calloway - G, Sr., 6-0, 170 - took medical redshirt last season.
Travis Nichols - F, Sr., 6-4, 190, 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds.
- The Terriers opened the season with a win thanks to a dominating performance in the paint. Starting forwards Akeem Johnson (15), Jalen Cannon (13) and Kevin Douglas (13) each hit double figures in scoring. Johnson added 13 rebounds, while Cannon and Douglas combined for 11.
- Junior guard Ben Mockford joined in double digit scoring, netting 14 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
- Senior Dre Calloway came off the bench to score nine points. He played 21 minutes, acting essentially as a sixth starter.
- St. Francis won the rebound battle 41-28, had nine assists to 14 turnovers and shot 50 percent (29-of-58) for the game.
- The Terriers led in each of these categories: points in the paint (44), points off turnovers (22), second chance points (18), fast break scoring (2) and points off the bench (21).
Series record: first meeting
Groce versus St. Francis: 1-0.